Fun, Food & Adventure
Fun, Food and Adventure
Coorong Wildside Tours is a new and exciting tour business giving visitors the opportunity to explore the Coorong up close and personal.
We are offering tours of the Coorong, and associated RAMSAR listed wetlands and surrounds. We specialise in small intimate groups and tailor itineraries to suit your needs.
You will receive personal attention and a unique perspective of the region from a fisherman with over 30 years’ experience. Take one of our designed tours or choose your own experience from our range of options.
We are still offering our Coorong Wild Seafood Cellar Door and factory Tours under this new business name. This puts all our tours, activities, experiences and events in one place for all inquiries and bookings.
We have a range of tours and options that will be Ideal for;
- Groups of Friends
- Family Groups
- Bird Watchers
- Retirees/Grey Nomads
- Chefs and Foodies
- School Groups
WHAT TO BRING:
For boat tours bring comfortable walking shoes, hat (ideally a broad brim with a toggle to keep it from flying off) and sunscreen, jacket, camera, binoculars (if you have them and want to maximise viewing of birdlife), extra drinks (if you would like). We supply bottled water.
This tour will require moderate fitness - the guided walk will cover elements of hard compacted ground, soft sand dunes, sandy beach.
Boarding will commence approximately 15 minutes prior to departure time. You must be on time out of respect for the other passengers. As we run multiple tours each day, departure times will be strictly adhered to.
Your safety is our priority.
Therefore boat tours are weather dependent. We check the forecast 24 hours prior to departure, If it indicates conditions will be too inclement, we may be forced to cancel. An alternative date will be offered or a full refund will be given if the tour is cancelled by us.
We require all Passengers to be sufficiently mobile to negotiate stairs and generally move about the vessel.
Booking online is easy and if your plans change, simply call us to move your booking to a different date (subject to minimum 24 hours’ notice given & availability).
OUR SIGNATURE TOURS
SEAFOOD & SEALS
Introducing our signature small group tour on the Coorong
Get close up and personal with the beauty of the Coorong on our picturesque ½ day trip from Long Pt jetty to the Tauwitchere Barrage. This is where the freshwater lakes are separated from the salt water of the Coorong. Enjoy a scenic boat ride and observe the birds wheeling overhead, meet the pelicans and even feed them a fish or two.
See the seals lazing on the barrage structures before enjoying a gourmet morning tea at the foot of some amazing sandhills. Skipper Glen will provide an informative commentary and answer all of your questions.
- Commences 9.30 am Sundays
- Total 4.5 hours from Long Pt Jetty
- Minimum 4 required to depart MAX 7.
- your booking will be confirmed if the minimum is booked or you will be offered an alternative date
from $150 per ADULT
A short boat ride to The Needles Island arriving at a shallow sandy bay and clambering up one of the tall sandhills of the Coorong. At the top marvel at the stunning vista of the Coorong and then turn to view the waves crashing on the ocean beach of the Younghusband Peninsula. Observe animal tracks on the shore and spot an emu or kangaroo while climbing a magnificent sandhill.
Spectacular for a happy snap or professional photography or spending some quiet time exploring and contemplating nature at its best. Or imagine a romantic sunset proposal to that special someone in your life. (by request, special pricing on inquiry)
- Departs 9.30am Saturday
- Total 3 hours from Boat ramp, Seven Mile Road
- Minimum 4 required to depart MAX 7
- Your booking will be confirmed if the minimum is reached or an alternative date will be offered
From $89 per ADULT
BEHIND THE SCENES FACTORY TOUR & TASTINGS
Award winning Coorong Wild Seafood hosts Glen and Tracy Hill give you a behind the scenes insight into how our regional delicacy is caught and processed. Includes a tour of the processing factory, a filleting demonstration as well as tempting you with tastings of their products. Learn about the history of their business, the local fishing industry and learn some cooking tips.
Coorong Wild Seafood have been featured on many television food and travel shows.
Tours available every day except Tuesday and Thursday
- Commences 2pm Saturday
- Minimum 4 required to start MAX 20
- Can accommodate people with limited mobility
- Bookings will be confirmed once the minimum capacity is reached or an alternative date will be offered
From $25 per ADULT
OUR OTHER TOUR OPTIONS
We have many other experiences please ring so that we can personalise your visit.
Add any of these to our signature tours and get the full Coorong Wildside experience or These can be stand-alone tours.
Prices are available upon inquiry and dependent on size of group and options chosen.
GROUP LUNCH minimum of 4
A personalised menu is curated for you.
Seafood items choose from:
- Our signature Panko and Parmesan crumbed Coorong mullet
- Smoked mullet on water crackers with lemony cream cheese
- Thai fish cakes made with our Delicious award-winning Carp
- Crispy Salt and pepper carp strips - as featured on South Aussie with Cosi
- Smoked mullet dip with crackers and crudités
- Ceviche - fresh fish of the day marinated in olive oil and lemon juice with cucumber, capsicum and red onion garnished with coriander, pepper and salt
- Fish sliders - grilled fresh fish of the day in a warm mini brioche roll with Beerenberg tartare and fresh lettuce
- Fish tacos - grilled fresh fish of the day with citrus coleslaw and avocado crema in a soft taco
Any of these dishes and more can be included in a cooking class. Get the tips and tricks from the people who catch the fish. We also have chefs who are designing dishes for us, recipes coming soon.
SMOKE YOUR OWN FISH
Glen will give you an overview of the sprinkle method of smoking Coorong Mullet. Your fish will cook while you are having lunch and then see if you can get them home without scoffing the lot
DECKY FOR A DAY
Try fishing with Glen and experience being a commercial fisherman. Give us a ring to discuss this experience of a lifetime. Maximum of 2
COORONG YOUR WAY
Charter us for a tour tailored to your interests
- Bird Watching
- Kayaking – drop off or pick up
- Crossing the Coorong at Parnka to the ocean Beach
- Narrung Narrows
- Murray Mouth/Goolwa
½ day $600 or for the full day $1200
(includes morning tea and bottled water, lunch is additional)
You will receive an email from us through REZDY to confirm your booking.
An invoice will be sent with the total amount to be paid at least 48 hours before the tour departure date
TERMS & CONDITIONS
CANCELLATION BY US
All tours are weather dependent, and bookings may need to be changed. While we try to plan for all contingencies, unforeseen problems do occur.
We will endeavour to contact you at least 24 hours prior to departure to reschedule or to offer you the option for an alternative experience. There is also an option to cancel, Full refunds will be given under these circumstances.
CANCELLATION BY THE TRAVELLER
A strict cancellation fees policy applies. Once a booking is made the following
Cancellation fees will apply:
- Greater than 14 days prior to designated tour time no cancellation fee applies.
- Between 14 and 2 days prior to designated tour time 10% cancellation fee
- Within 48 hours of designated tour time 25% cancellation fee applies.